Take Control of Your Future
Develop the skills for heavy equipment operators at three levels. Each level includes hands-on training on various equipment appropriate for the level of training. The goal is to develop a diverse workforce that will be prepared to operate heavy equipment in a variety of environments safely, ethically, and effectively.
- Must have:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Valid Arkansas driver’s license
- Must be able to pass background checks by having either a clean record, or fully disclosing records that will be returned during a check.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen with negative results on all substances checked for.
Required Text and Supplies
- Textbook will be included if required.
- Personal Protective Equipment of gloves, earplugs, safety glasses, and steel-toe boots are required and the responsibility of the participant.
Level One, being the entry-level, is a two-week, eighty-hour course.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate and follow safety procedures.
- Demonstrate safe tool usage and material handling techniques.
- Gain OHSA 10, Flagger, and Fork Lift certifications
- Safely operate equipment of various sizes depending on the level of training
This course consists of these study areas:
- Introduction to Safety
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Employability Skills
- Heavy Equipment Safety
- Identification of Heavy Equipment
- Basic Operational Techniques
- Introduction to Soils
- Flagger Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Telehandler Certification
- Various Heavy Equipment Operations (Depends on needs and availability)
To Be Announced
To Be Announced