Almost 80 percent of students in the United States change their major at least once, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. College students on average change their major at least three times over the course of their college career.
Figuring out the right career plan offers the following benefits:
- Increased interest and focus in major/career
- Greater match of skills and abilities to a major/career
- Avoiding taking unneeded courses
- Graduating on time (in a 2-year plan and transferring to a 4-year university)
- Better understanding of how your personality plays a role in your career
- Finding a major/career path that fits your values
- Long-Term career satisfaction
Career Planning with a Licensed Counselor is offered to all UACCM incoming and enrolled students free of charge. Contact the office of Student Development to make an appointment today.