Welding Credentials Earned Are...
Carried with welder wherever they go
Multiple certifications that can be obtained
Strict standards assure quality welders
AWS Testing makes good business sense for contractors and fabricators
Companies are increasingly realizing the shortcomings of self-qualification for their employees and are switching to AWS Accredited Test Facilities to test and qualify their welders. Employing ATF-certified welders help them save money, improve productivity, and reduce liability.
Individuals who become AWS certified welders earn nationally recognized credentials that indicate their level of skill and increase their value to employers.
UACCM is recognized as having the requirements for testing facilities, personnel, and equipment to test and qualify welders to the nationally-recognized American Welding Society (AWS) standards and commits to adhering to strict standards for welder testing and quality assurance.
Certifications the welder can obtain through UACCM’s test facility:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Welders should arrive early to the testing appointment to ensure all required documents are signed and to get prepared to begin the welding test by the appointment time.
- Time limit of 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the process being tested.
- Once the test is passed, the Accredited Test Facility will forward the welder's application, qualifications, test record and payment to the American Welding Society.
- The AWS Certification Department will process the welder's application and will mail them their AWS Certified Welder Wallet Card along with renewal information.
- Welder certification card and maintenance form from the AWS Certification Department should be received 2 to 3 weeks from the date the application is received.