This program is currently not accepting new students due to decline in local jobs and on recommendation of the Petroleum Technology Advisory Committee.
The Petroleum Technology program will prepare students with a general education foundation and technical competencies for employment opportunities in the oil and natural gas drilling, gathering, and field operations industry.
Graduates are employed as:
- Field technicians
- Drilling technicians
- Measurement technicians
- Compressor operations
- Completions engineering technicians
- Drilling fluids engineers
- Measure-while-drilling engineers
- Well logging technicians
- Pressure pumping technicians
- Land technicians
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.