- Technical Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science
The drafting program at UACCM examines a wide range of drafting and design experiences to better prepare students for entry-level positions in the drafting industry. The program introduces students to the drafting profession, principles, and the technology used within the different drafting fields. A technical certificate and associate degree are offered.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Students should plan electives early to ensure completion of courses within the desired time frame.
- Electives in support of this program are selected in consultation with the program advisor and are designed to support the major.
- Prospective drafters should be able to do detailed work accurately and neatly.
- Students should have a basic understanding of mathematical concepts, including geometry and trigonometry, as well as computer skills.
- Drafters should have good interpersonal skills, because they work closely with engineers, surveyors, architects, and other professionals.
Graduates are employed as:
- Architectural designers
- Drafting technicians
- Drafting designers
- Structural steel detailers
- Structural technicians