UACCM awards an Associate of Applied Science in Business degree. The AAS in Business degree provides a foundation to prepare students to enter the workforce in this particular field. The three options in business are accounting, business office technology, and retail marketing. The option does not appear on the diploma but will appear on the transcript. Only one Associate of Applied Science in Business Degree can be awarded.
Graduates who complete the accounting option are employed as:
- Accounting assistants
- Payroll clerks
- Bank employees
- Accounts receivable clerks
- Accounts payable clerks
Graduates who complete the business office technology option are employed as:
- Administrative assistants
- File clerks
- General office assistants
- Data entry clerks
Graduates who complete the retail marketing option are employed as:
- Sales representatives
- Management Trainee
- Department managers
- Owners/managers of small businesses
- Visual merchandisers
- Advertising sales agents
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take the required courses when they are offered since many courses are offered on a rotating basis.
- Students should plan to spend six hours per week studying for each class.
- ACCT 2203 Computerized Accounting, BUS 1213 Computer Applications, BUS 1223 Electronic Spreadsheet, BUS 1233 Database Management, BUS 1253 Word Processing I, BUS 2253 Word Processing II, BUS 2243 Business Graphics, and CIS 1013 Introduction to Computers must have been taken within the past five years in order to receive credit toward any degree in the Department of Business or in order for the course to count as a prerequisite. If the course was taken over five years ago, a student may take a departmental exam and must make at least a 70 percent or better to be exempt from retaking the course.
Academically challenging courses give you the communication, analytical, teamwork, and leadership skills needed to move into supervisory management trainee positions, small business ownership, sales, and other related careers.