"College Success" Orientation for All New Students
All first-time entering freshmen and transfer students enrolled in at least six semester credit hours at UACCM are REQUIRED to complete a one-day new student orientation prior to the beginning of the semester. The fall 2013 college success orientation date is:
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15, 2013
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
There is no cost associated with new student orientation; however, if you do not complete orientation on this date, you will be automatically enrolled in a ACAD 0001 College Orientation class and will be required to pay one credit hour tuition and fees.
*Students eligible for the special tuition rate for senior citizens and transfer students holding a bachelor’s degree will not be required to complete new student orientation or ACAD 0001 College Orientation.
What You Should Know Before You Go
Note: This is not your typical orientation. Not only will the one-day event allow you to meet many new students and UACCM employees, but it will also be rich in content and designed to help you succeed at UACCM. Be ready to learn!
Every student who attends "College Success" Orientation will receive a bag full of goodies including a UACCM water bottle.
- Students are asked to register for each day of "College Success" Orientation in The Plaza.
Hint: Orientation will begin promptly at 8:00 am so be sure to arrive in plenty of time.
- Students will sign in The Plaza and will be divided into pre-determined groups.
- Orientation kicks off with a greeting and introduction period at 8:00 a.m.
Hint: Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will do a lot of walking and have the opportunity to participate in some fun activities. If it is cold, bring a coat. If it rains, bring an umbrella…orientation will go on, rain or shine!
- Each session will last approximately 50 minutes.
- A 10-minute break will follow each session.
Remember: UACCM is a tobacco-free campus.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided both days.
Hint: If you have dietary restrictions, you may need to supply your own food.
- Orientation will conclude at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Although we understand and appreciate the important role that parents play in the success of a student, we respectfully request that parents do not accompany students to the orientation. If your parents have questions about UACCM, please have them contact the Vice Chancellor for Student Services, Darren Jones, to arrange a time and date to meet and answer questions.
Special Orientation for High School Concurrent Students Only
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2013
Fine Arts Auditorium
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 2013
Fine Arts Auditorium
- Paquette, Clara
Director of Assessment
If you need physical accommodations related to a disability or If you already know that you will not attend the one-day orientation and would like for us to enroll you in ACAD 0001 College Orientation, please contact Clara Paquette immediately.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm