The Admissions Counselor works under the supervision of the Director of Admissions and is responsible for recruiting and accepting prospective students to UACCM.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: represents UACCM at area high schools to assist students with college selection, plays an integral role with on-campus recruiting that includes both scheduled appointments and walk-ins, conducts campus tours, explains the enrollment process to prospective students, and communicates effectively with students, parents, and high school counselors. Attending evening events and some travel may be required.
Successful candidates must have a commitment to working cooperatively with other campus personnel to fulfill the Mission of the College and have the ability to deliver quality customer service in all aspects of admission and recruitment services. Candidates should also have knowledge of current technology, effective student recruitment strategies, and an ability to communicate with a diverse student population.
Minimum qualifications: the formal education of a bachelor’s degree with a major in college student personnel, sociology, psychology, business, public relations, public administration or a related field; plus three years in program administration or related area, including one year in higher education. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon recommendation and approval from the Chancellor.
Application requirements: state of Arkansas application form parts 1 & 2 found on this webpage, cover letter, resume, unofficial copies of college transcripts, and a list of at least three professional references with contact information.
Salary is $30,713 in accordance with the State of Arkansas Classified Employee Compensation Plan.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, February 16, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
Part-Time Music Appreciation Instructor
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton has an opening for an adjunct music instructor. Courses may include but are not limited to Music Appreciation.
Minimum requirements: Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in music, music education, or a related area. Previous experience teaching in a higher education setting is highly desirable.
Application requirements: State of Arkansas application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three professional references. The resume should include the names of immediate supervisors in previous positions.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months from the date they were received. Individuals are encouraged to resubmit updated info annually.
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for grounds maintenance and general labor activities. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Assists with minor electrical repairs, remodeling of buildings, and performs minor carpentry duties such as hanging ceilings, replacing walls, and other carpentry duties. Performs grounds maintenance including but not limited to mowing, edging, weeding, and trimming lawns and bushes, planting trees, and sodding yards. Collects and removes trash from lawn. Operates light to medium lawn equipment. Assists with work orders for special events and exhibits. Performs minor equipment and vehicle repairs. Maintains equipment by oiling, greasing, sharpening blades, and performing other minor repairs and services vehicles which includes: filling with gas, changing oil, tune-ups, and washing. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Completion of sufficient education or training to read and write; plus two years of experience/on-the-job training, in grounds keeping and/or the maintenance of lawn-care equipment and methods and practices in skilled and unskilled trades. Ability to operate and perform routine maintenance on various types of grounds keeping tools and equipment. Ability to receive, assign, and coordinate work activities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: State of Arkansas Application parts 1 & 2 found on this website. A list of three professional references and copies of certifications, licensure, and transcripts relevant to the position.
Review of applications begin February 4, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
DIRECTOR OF EARLE LOVE CHILD STUDY CENTER
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees staff and the day-to-day operations of the Center
- Ensures the facility meets all program and licensing requirements
- Prepares budget, orders supplies and equipment, and prepares required reports
- Maintains the enrollment of the Center
- Supervises UACCM students using the Center as a required lab
- Assists teachers with making class assignments and assessment of children’s needs
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Work schedule hours may vary as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: bachelor’s degree with a major in day care management, early childhood education, or related field; plus four years of experience in day care operations or related field, including one year in a supervisory or leadership capacity and one year of business management. The ability to communicate both orally and in writing is required.
A bachelor’s degree in a non-related field with the understanding that obtaining a Child Development Associate’s Degree (CDA) within their first year of employment will be considered as well.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon approval of the Chancellor.
Application requirements: state of Arkansas application form completed fully, cover letter, resume’, unofficial copies of college transcripts, and a list of at least three professional references.
Successful candidates must have a commitment to working cooperatively with other campus personnel to fulfill the Mission of the College and have the ability to deliver quality customer service.
Review of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
Fiscal Support Specialist C112 - Purchasing
The Fiscal Support Specialist-Purchasing works under the supervision of the Director of Accounting in the Finance Department and is responsible for all purchasing for the institution. This position is governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Adhere to all state purchasing regulations.
- Processes purchase requisitions through an automated purchasing system and reviews for compliance with specifications, quantity, and accounting codes. Issues purchase orders as required.
- Assists employees with the use of the Distributed Purchasing System.
- Maintains accurate vendor files.
- Contacts vendors for product availability and price. Monitors purchases to ensure a timely receipt of goods.
- Arranges for the return of goods when required.
- Communicates with Accounts Payable to ensure proper payment of invoices.
- Make on-line purchases and book airline tickets using state issued cards.
- Verify monthly credit card bills and forward to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Additional related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma is required, some college preferred. Experience working in a business office with proficiency in written and oral communications along with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge and experience with computerized purchasing accounting programs preferred. The successful candidate must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet recurring deadlines; be detail-oriented, highly organized, self-motivated, and possess the ability to work well with staff, faculty, and students.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter, resume, State of Arkansas application form parts 1 & 2 found on this website, unofficial college transcripts and at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin January 30, 2015.
Skilled TRadesman - Electrician
UACCM is currently seeking applicants for a Skilled Tradesman with specific skill and experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment.
The Skilled Tradesman-Electrician works under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and is also responsible for the work activities in one or more of the following skilled trades; Electrical, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), Plumbing, Carpentry, and Mechanical. This position is governed by departmental procedures and agency/institution policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assemble, install, test, trouble shoot, and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices, and related equipment in buildings and other structures in compliance with current code and regulations.
- Maintains inventory of tools and parts specified to assigned trade.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in writing specs for various projects.
- Assist other maintenance staff in the completion of projects that require multiple departments to work together.
- Works cooperatively with campus faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the Mission of the College.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- May install, maintain, repair and overhaul air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems. In compliance with current code and regulations.
- May assemble, install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing equipment used for water heating or distribution as well as waste water disposal in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings in compliance with current code and regulations.
- May perform general carpentry using hand and power tools to repair, and to build structures using necessary materials, such as; wood, metal studs, sheetrock, roofing, painting, and glass instillation in compliance with current code and regulations.
- Repair and maintain mechanical and automotive equipment, including but not limited to; engines, transmissions, fuel systems, hydraulics, braking systems, clutch repair, steering apparatus, and other maintenance as needed.
May be required to assist other areas as needed such as but not limited to; helping with grounds maintenance, set-up and furniture moves, loading or unloading of supplies and materials, on and off campus set up for outside events.
- Preforming related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the methods, laws, regulations, accepted practices, safety precautions, processes, materials, and tools in the skilled trade of electrician.
- Ability to provide mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates for the electrical needs of the campus.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, manuals, schematics, building plans, and /or work drawings.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain inventory on needed parts and tools for one or more of the skilled trades.
Completion of required education or training along with the required license or certification in the field of Journeyman Electrician according to ACA 17-28-304.
Additional training and licensure or certification in the field of Journeyman Plumber according to ACA 17-38-301, HVAC Mechanics According to ACA 17-33-301, carpenter or painter, and/or small and large engine mechanic with the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus five (5) years of experience will receive preference.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon recommendation and approval by the Chancellor.
To be considered for this position please submit a cover letter, the Arkansas State Application (parts 1 and 2 found on this website), Resume’, list of at least three (3) professional references, copies of certifications, licensure, and unofficial college/trade school transcripts.
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton is interested in increasing its recruiting of part-time faculty. Opportunities for part-time faculty may include day, evening, and online courses. The college accepts applications on an on-going basis to build its base of available adjunct instructors.
UACCM offers general education, college-transfer programs and degrees in technical and occupational program areas. Teaching opportunities include English, mathematics, biological and physical sciences, art, music, history, geography, psychology, sociology, American government, speech and education. Opportunities in the technical areas include business, practical nursing, and registered nursing.
Minimum requirements: For college-transfer courses, master’s degree in teaching field or master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in teaching field. Previous teaching experience is highly desirable.
Interested applicants should submit a State of Arkansas application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three professional references. The resume should include the names of immediate supervisors in previous positions. Applications are kept on file for one year. from the date they were received. Individuals are encouraged to resubmit updated info annually.
UA Community College at Morrilton
Attention: Judy Sanders
Director of Human Resources
1537 University Blvd.,
Morrilton, AR 72110
UACCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-Employment Background Check!
All positions are subject to a pre-employment background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Virtual Career Center
UACCM encourages students and alumni to pursue employment opportunities both on and off-campus. Visit our virtual career center to apply for and post openings.