The Admissions Counselor works under the supervision of the Director of Admissions and is responsible for recruiting and accepting prospective students to UACCM.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: represents UACCM at area high schools to assist students with college selection, plays an integral role with on-campus recruiting that includes both scheduled appointments and walk-ins, conducts campus tours, explains the enrollment process to prospective students, and communicates effectively with students, parents, and high school counselors. Attending evening events and some travel may be required.
Successful candidates must have a commitment to working cooperatively with other campus personnel to fulfill the Mission of the College and have the ability to deliver quality customer service in all aspects of admission and recruitment services. Candidates should also have knowledge of current technology, effective student recruitment strategies, and an ability to communicate with a diverse student population.
Minimum qualifications: the formal education of a bachelor’s degree with a major in college student personnel, sociology, psychology, business, public relations, public administration or a related field; plus three years in program administration or related area, including one year in higher education. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon recommendation and approval from the Chancellor.
Application requirements: state of Arkansas application form parts 1 & 2 found on this webpage, cover letter, resume, unofficial copies of college transcripts, and a list of at least three professional references with contact information.
Salary is $30,713 in accordance with the State of Arkansas Classified Employee Compensation Plan.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, February 16, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
Part-Time Music Appreciation Instructor
Part-Time: Starting Fall Semester
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton has an opening for an adjunct music instructor. Courses may include but are not limited to Music Appreciation.
Minimum requirements: Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in music, music education, or a related area. Previous experience teaching in a higher education setting is highly desirable.
Application requirements: State of Arkansas application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three professional references. The resume should include the names of immediate supervisors in previous positions.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months from the date they were received. Individuals are encouraged to resubmit updated info annually.
Skilled TRadesman - Electrician
UACCM is currently seeking applicants for a Skilled Tradesman with specific skill and experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment.
The Skilled Tradesman-Electrician works under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and is also responsible for the work activities in one or more of the following skilled trades; Electrical, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), Plumbing, Carpentry, and Mechanical. This position is governed by departmental procedures and agency/institution policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assemble, install, test, trouble shoot, and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices, and related equipment in buildings and other structures in compliance with current code and regulations.
- Maintains inventory of tools and parts specified to assigned trade.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in writing specs for various projects.
- Assist other maintenance staff in the completion of projects that require multiple departments to work together.
- Works cooperatively with campus faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the Mission of the College.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- May install, maintain, repair and overhaul air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems. In compliance with current code and regulations.
- May assemble, install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing equipment used for water heating or distribution as well as waste water disposal in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings in compliance with current code and regulations.
- May perform general carpentry using hand and power tools to repair, and to build structures using necessary materials, such as; wood, metal studs, sheetrock, roofing, painting, and glass instillation in compliance with current code and regulations.
- Repair and maintain mechanical and automotive equipment, including but not limited to; engines, transmissions, fuel systems, hydraulics, braking systems, clutch repair, steering apparatus, and other maintenance as needed.
May be required to assist other areas as needed such as but not limited to; helping with grounds maintenance, set-up and furniture moves, loading or unloading of supplies and materials, on and off campus set up for outside events.
- Preforming related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the methods, laws, regulations, accepted practices, safety precautions, processes, materials, and tools in the skilled trade of electrician.
- Ability to provide mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates for the electrical needs of the campus.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, manuals, schematics, building plans, and /or work drawings.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain inventory on needed parts and tools for one or more of the skilled trades.
Completion of required education or training along with the required license or certification in the field of Journeyman Electrician according to ACA 17-28-304.
Additional training and licensure or certification in the field of Journeyman Plumber according to ACA 17-38-301, HVAC Mechanics According to ACA 17-33-301, carpenter or painter, and/or small and large engine mechanic with the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus five (5) years of experience will receive preference.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon recommendation and approval by the Chancellor.
To be considered for this position please submit a cover letter, the Arkansas State Application (parts 1 and 2 found on this website), Resume’, list of at least three (3) professional references, copies of certifications, licensure, and unofficial college/trade school transcripts.
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton is interested in increasing its recruiting of part-time faculty. Opportunities for part-time faculty may include day, evening, and online courses. The college accepts applications on an on-going basis to build its base of available adjunct instructors.
UACCM offers general education, college-transfer programs and degrees in technical and occupational program areas. Teaching opportunities include English, mathematics, biological and physical sciences, art, music, history, geography, psychology, sociology, American government, speech and education. Opportunities in the technical areas include business, practical nursing, and registered nursing.
Minimum requirements: For college-transfer courses, master’s degree in teaching field or master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in teaching field. Previous teaching experience is highly desirable.
Interested applicants should submit a State of Arkansas application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three professional references. The resume should include the names of immediate supervisors in previous positions. Applications are kept on file for one year. from the date they were received. Individuals are encouraged to resubmit updated info annually.
UA Community College at Morrilton
Attention: Judy Sanders
Director of Human Resources
1537 University Blvd.,
Morrilton, AR 72110
UACCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-Employment Background Check!
All positions are subject to a pre-employment background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Virtual Career Center
UACCM encourages students and alumni to pursue employment opportunities both on-and off-campus. Visit our Virtual Career Center to apply for and post openings.