Student Grievance Procedures
Any alleged grievance which a student, including online students, may have regarding a College employee, an institutional regulation, and/or the interpretation and application of such regulation may be considered under this procedure.
Individuals wanting to resolve a grievance informally may contact the Vice Chancellor for Student Services before filing a formal grievance. The person should first discuss his/her grievance with the person responsible for the action, interpretation, or application of the regulations leading to the problem.
If the grievance remains unresolved by informal means, the complainant may initiate a formal grievance procedure in accordance with the following steps:
- The complainant must present in written form within five working days of the alleged grievable incident the complaint to the Vice Chancellor for Student Services, designated as the school grievance officer. Complainant must include specific grievance/complaint and specific remedies sought by the student. If the complaint involves the Vice Chancellor for Student Services, the individual would contact the Chancellor.
- The grievance officer has 10 days in which to investigate and respond in written form. If the complaint involves the Chancellor, the grievance would be appealed to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
- If not satisfied, the complainant may appeal to the Chancellor within 10 working days to investigate and respond in written form.
- Response by the Chancellor will be given within five working days. That response will be in written form. The decision of the Chancellor of the College will be final.
- If the complaint or grievance concerns compliance with Title VI (race), Title IX (sex), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (handicap), or PL 101-336-Americans with Disabilities Act, it may be submitted directly to:
Office for Civil Rights
U. S. Department of Education
1200 Main Tower Building
Dallas, Texas 75202