- Certificate of Proficiency in Pipe Welding
- Certificate of Proficiency in Welding
- Technical Certificate
Graduates are employed as:
- Pipeline construction
- Metal fabrication
- Manufacturing firms
- Industrial companies for equipment repair
- Students should be advised that welding may ruin outer garments. Students should plan on purchasing several sets of long-sleeved shirts and jeans.
- Welding is one of the more physically demanding programs at UACCM.
- Manual dexterity, good eyesight, and good eye-hand coordination are assets. Welders should be able to concentrate on detailed work for long periods.
- The welding program provides instruction in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), as well as blueprint reading and layout techniques. Certificates of Proficiency are offered for SMAW and Pipe Welding. Students may also complete requirements for a Technical Certificate in Welding Technology.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.