Associate of Applied Science 60 Semester Hours
English: 6 credit hours
Mathematics: 3 credit hours
Three hours of mathematics courses must be selected from the following list:
- BUS 1333 Business Math
- MATH 1253 Applied Technical Math
- MATH 1203 College Algebra
- OR MATH (Any Higher-Level Math)
Social Science Electives: 3 credit hours
Three hours of Social Science Electives Must Be Selected From The List On This Page.
- ELECTIVE Social Science
Technical Core: 27 credit hours
- GDT 1113 Introduction to Photography
- GDT 1123 Technical Graphics
- GDT 1203 2-D Design
- GDT 2403 Graphic Design I
- GDT 2413 Graphic Design II
- GDT 2513 Digital Illustrations
- GDT 2523 Electronic Page Layout and Prepress
- GDT 2533 Digital Imaging
- GDT 2543 Advanced Electronic Page Layout and Prepress
Business: 12 credit hours
- BUS 1213 Computer Applications
- BUS 2313 Professional Development
- BUS 2343 Advertising
- BUS 2373 Supervisory Management
Related Electives: 9 credit hours
Nine hours of electives must be selected from the following list:
Graduates are employed as:
- Graphic design supervisors
- Graphic designer- silkscreen company
- In-house graphic designers
- Web page designers
- Graphic designer- newspapers
- Student should have good computer skills.
- Students should be self-starters and like creative projects.
- Students should take all remedial courses early in order to focus on degree-required classes in later semesters.
- Students should have good communication skills.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Students should plan electives early to insure completion of courses within the desired time frame.
- Student should enjoy exploring creative ideas.
The Graphic Design program prepares students for entry-level positions with skills that have been identified as those necessary for employment in newspapers, print shops, advertising firms, and related areas.