The Petroleum Technology program will prepare students with a general education foundation and technical competencies for employment opportunities in the oil and natural gas drilling, gathering, and field operations industry.
Graduates are employed as:
- Field technicians
- Drilling technicians
- Measurement technicians
- Compressor operations
- Completions engineering technicians
- Drilling fluids engineers
- Measure-while-drilling engineers
- Well logging technicians
- Pressure pumping technicians
- Land technicians
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- The department has an industry-supported scholarship program available for qualifying students. This program was established to encourage and enable individuals to pursue educational opportunities that will prepare them for jobs in the petroleum industry in Arkansas and worldwide.