University of Arkansas Criminial Justice Institute
Technical Certificate 36 Semester Hours
English/Communications: 6 credit hours
Mathematics: 3 credit hours
Three hours of mathematics courses must be selected from the following list:
Social Science: 3 credit hours
- CRIM 2003 Introduction to Criminal Justice
Business: 3 credit hours
- BUS 1213 **Computer Applications
Technical Core: 21 credit hours
- Law Enforcement Administration and Management
- Law Enforcement Communications
- Advanced Law Enforcement Special Topics
- Law Enforcement Certification (Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy Certificate)
**Computer Applications may be taken at the Criminal Justice Institute.Students are encouraged to take ACAD 0411 College Study Skills their first semester to better equip them to make the transition from high school to college-level course work.
- Students must be currently employed in law enforcement to declare this major.
- Students should complete all remedial courses before beginning program specific courses.
- Take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
The Criminal Justice Institute, a division of the University of Arkansas System, provides training to assist currently employed law enforcement officers of Arkansas in enhancing their professional knowledge and skills to better serve their communities. The Criminal Justice Institute has been providing the professional training and has entered into agreement with participating two-year and four-year institutions to award Certificates of Proficiency, Technical Certificates, and Associate of Applied Science degrees in the areas of Crime Scene Investigation and Law Enforcement Administration.