Certificate of Proficiency 9 Semester Hours
Technical Core: 9 credit hours
Graduates are employed as:
- Child care facility owners and directors
- Child care center directors
- Head Start teachers
- Infant/toddler teachers
- Preschool teachers
- Assistant teachers
- Arkansas better chance preschool paraprofessionals
- Students need good written and oral communication skills.
- Students should enjoy working with young children.
- Students need to complete all remedial courses before attempting program-specific courses.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Students should take all remedial courses early in order to focus on degree-required classes in later semesters.
- The first course a student is advised to take is Early Childhood Competencies, which is an introductory course that covers the competencies necessary for meeting the needs of young children.
- Criminal Background Check
- Central Registry Check
- FBI Check (if an Arkansas resident for less than 6 years)
- Heart Saver CPR Certification