Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Certificate of Proficiency in Emergency Medical Technician will be able to:
- Communicate ideas clearly and effectively in verbal format.
- Analyze information through the use of appropriate technologies.
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Solve problems verbally, graphically, symbolically, or numerically.
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient’s condition.
- Administer appropriate emergency medical care.
- Handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury.
- Perform emergency medical care safely and effectively.
Click here to view Institutional Learning Outcomes.
AR Futures Grant
Looking for a way to pay your tuition and fees? This program is one of the qualifying certificate or degree programs for the Arkansas Future Grant. Click the logo above to learn more and apply.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students will be required to complete 16 hours in the ER at CHI St. Vincent Morrilton, 14 ambulance rides at Med-Tech EMS, and one Saturday class on Extrication.
- Students will be required to have a uniform (information provided during first class).
- Students must complete admission requirements of the College.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Current AHA Healthcare Providers CPR certification is required and must not expire before class ends. Students enrolled in the program will be required to have malpractice insurance.
- TB screening/clearance
- Shot record including flu shot.
- Criminal background check will be done in class.
- All remedial courses must be completed prior to EMT 1008 if placement scores indicate it is required.
Graduates are employed as:
- Emergency Medical Technicians