- Technical Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science
Students completing a technical certificate in drafting have the basic skills needed to pursue a career in mechanical and residential drafting.
UACCM has credit-transfer agreements with the Conway Area Career Center, Russellville Area Career and Technical Center and River Valley Career Academy.
Graduates are employed as:
- Drafting technicians
- Drafting designers
- Architectural designers
- Structural technicians
- Structural steel detailers
- Prospective drafters should be able to do detailed work accurately and neatly.
- Students should have a basic understanding of mathematical concepts, including geometry and trigonometry, as well as computer skills.
- Drafters should have good interpersonal skills, because they work closely with engineers, surveyors, architects, and other professionals.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Computer Aided Drafting should be taken the first semester that program specific courses are taken.
- Electives in support of this program are selected in consultation with the program advisor and are designed to support the major.