Thank you for visiting the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton Web site. We invite you to explore the wealth of information you find here, and we hope you are able to find exactly what you are looking for. UACCM offers a number of opportunities to students of all ages, and we encourage you to read on to find out more about how to make your college experience more rewarding and fulfilling.
At UACCM, we strive to help students achieve their educational and career goals. Whether you want to move quickly into an exciting new career, earn college credits which are guaranteed to transfer to a four-year college, or simply experience personal enrichment, we have an option for you. Career-specific programs are available which can place you in the workforce in one to two years; you may enroll in a college-transfer program that will provide the first two years of a bachelor's degree at an affordable cost; or you may enroll in courses for self-improvement or fun.
UACCM helps ensure your collegiate and professional success by offering academically challenging programs within a supportive environment. Since we realize that the college experience happens both in and out of the classroom, available student activity programs are being expanded as well. Here are a few things we offer which can help put your goals within reach:
- Affordable Tuition
- Small Class Sizes
- Friendly, Supportive Atmosphere
- Active Intramural Sports Program
- Dedicated Faculty and Staff
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Convenient Location
- Over 30 Student Clubs and Organizations
- Hands-On Training
- Career and Transfer Services
- Disability Services
- Individual and Group Tutoring
For additional information on specific academic programs, please contact the Admissions Office at (501) 977-2053 or 1-800-264-1094 or at email@example.com. There is no better way to experience UACCM than in person, so feel free to schedule a personal, guided campus tour. No matter where you are headed in life, UACCM can help make your journey more meaningful.
UACCM is located approximately 50 miles west of Little Rock in Morrilton, Arkansas. Click here to see a map with directions to UACCM. For specific building locations once you reach the college, please see our campus map.
Enrollment for the fall 2011 semester stood at 2297 credit-seeking students. UACCM is one of the fastest-growing colleges in the state and has experienced enrollment growth since becoming a two-year college in 1991.
- Associate of Arts degree
- Associate of Science degree
- Certificate of General Studies
- Associate of Applied Science degrees
(two-year career-specific training)
- Associate of General Studies degree
(designed for students wishing to receive cross-training in a variety of areas)
- Technical Certificates
(two to three semester programs that provide entry-level skills)
- Certificates of Proficiency
(short-term career-training programs
Did You Know?
- Established in 1961 as the state’s second vocational-technical school, UACCM celebrates its 50th year as a institution, its 20th year as a college, and its 10th year as part of the University of Arkansas System
- UACCM has experienced an enrollment increase of over 670 percent since it became a two-year college in 1991
- Since our merger with the U of A System, our enrollment has almost doubled, increasing from 1,290 students in 2001 to 2460 students in fall 2010. (91 percent growth)
- UACCM serves almost 2500 credit students per semester and over 1000 non-credit students each year in community outreach programs, comprised of workforce training, community education, and adult education programs
- UACCM has recently been named as one of the 50 fastest-growing, two-year colleges in the nation (among colleges with enrollments of 2500 or less) by Community College Week
- UACCM is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association
- The College is also approved by the United States Department of Education, the State Approving Agency for Veteran’s Training, the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, and the Arkansas State Board of Nursing
- UACCM will be the first of 22 two-year colleges in the state to be connected to the Arkansas Research & Education Optical Network (ARE-ON), a fiber optic network that will provide nearly unlimited internet bandwidth for colleges and universities across Arkansas. The project is part of a larger Arkansas e-Link grant awarded to UAMS in partnership with AATYC. All 22 state community colleges will be connected with the four-year universities and over 400 rural health-care facilities through high-speed internet access.
- UACCM is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children's National Academy of Early Childhood Programs (NAECP), which sets and monitors standards for high-quality programs
- In a recent county-wide survey conducted by Stone Ward advertising agency, 63.8 percent of respondents selected UACCM as the top strength of Morrilton/Conway County
- UACCM offers the state’s only Associate of Applied Science degree in Petroleum Technology. To date, the state’s natural gas industry has donated over $400,000 in scholarships to UACCM petroleum technology majors
- UACCM has one of the highest average ACT scores for first-time entering freshmen at the 22 community colleges in Arkansas
- UACCM students may become involved with a variety of student organizations and clubs as well as a comprehensive intramural sports program. The college also has active music and theatre departments.
- A wide range of cultural activities, including free concerts, art exhibits, movies, and guest lecturers are offered through UACCM’s special events office. Students and the community may also participate in international travel programs.
- Psychology instructor Dr. Dana Thomason was recently appointed by the Governor to the Arkansas Board of Examiners for Counseling
- Art instructor Tina Lake will be a juror in the upcoming 2011 Congressional Art Competition called “An Artistic Discovery” that will travel to Washington, D.C. and be on display at the U.S. Capitol for a year
- Drafting instructor Rachel Albritton recently passed the Green Advantage Certification and will use this information to instruct our students in conjunction with the college’s “Green Grant”
- Drafting instructor Rachel Albritton received the University of Central Arkansas, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences 2011 Young Achiever award at the 24th annual Alumni/Student Recognition Luncheon
- Division Chair of Health Sciences and Education Marilyn Thomas received the University of Central Arkansas, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2011 Distinguished Alumna award at the 24th annual Alumni/Student Recognition Luncheon
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Commission on Early Childhood Associate Degree Accreditation has recently announced that it has granted accreditation to the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton’s Early Childhood Development Associate Degree Program. UACCM is one of twelve associate degree programs sponsored by eight institutions of higher education to receive the accreditation this year.
- Along with the NAEYC accreditation, the Arkansas Department for Higher Education has given UACCM’s Early Childhood Education Department approval for a birth to 5 years old teaching credential from the Department of Human Services Division of Childcare and Early Childhood Education.
- The UACCM registered nursing students, along with the students from the seven other community colleges enrolled in the 2011 Arkansas Rural Nursing Education Consortium (ARNEC) program, had the 2nd highest pass rate of all RN programs in the state on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) comprehensive predictor test, an examination for the licensing of nurses in the United States